Every house have different zone for use of different purpose. One of the important area in any home is a zone of tranquility. According to vastu, this zone is best suitable for pooja (prayer) room or home temple. This is a place that brings us closer to a our Creator. It can be considered lifting one’s mind and heart to God. Here we can talk to God about the everyday things of human life, about our joys and sorrows, our needs and wants, our disappointments and pleasures. Prayer and how an individual prays is often shaped by religious beliefs. But one does not have to belong to a specific religion to pray.
Best time for pooja can be at every early morning or evening , a thank you for a good day, for warmth of the sun, for love of friends who support and assist us even on our bad or difficult days.
This is a space where human-made problems are left behind like a wet umbrella at the door.
If you do not have the space to allocate an entire room for pooja, you can set up a small temple on the east wall of North-east zone.
Important things about prayer room:-
1. Deity or image of god should positioned in such a way that you face east while praying the god. West is the second choice.
2. Place water in the copper pot at north east direction of the temple. Change this water daily.
3. Light or diya should be placed in the south east of temple.
4. Photographs (pictures) of the dead/ancestors should not be kept in the pooja room.
5. Keep this room neat, clean and clutter free.
6. This room should be strictly used for prayer and meditation.
7. Due to shortage of space, some house have small wall temple kept in bed room or kitchen. Small curtain should be placed in front of it when not in use.
8. Temple should not share the wall having toilet behind it.